Goodness behind Ignorances (in some subjects)

Ignorance, what I will talk about in this writing it's not about the ignorance of lacking knowledge or being stupid, dummy, or foolish (I'm sorry). Sometimes, when we heard about "ignorance" we tend to think in a way like that. But, ignorance is far more neutral that we don't realize that it can be a "gift". Now think about the gift that ignorance can sometimes be. 

When a person is in the state of being unaware of some information or facts, they don't know about that information, right? So, where is the goodness from it? When we are unaware of some information or facts, then how do we get knowledge and information?

I feel, maybe some of you too, most of our learning comes from doing something wrong then we can get kind of learning from that mistakes. Doing things wrong leads us to do things right and ignorance can even help us to start things, it's like fuel. So, when we are ignorant about things, it allows us to begin an endeavor, and then it is sheer will and momentum that get us the rest of the way that we want. 

Talking in the way of science, Firestein, chairman of the Biology Department at Columbia University, in his book "Ignorance", points out that he doesn't mean ignorance in the sense of "stupidity", but he means ignorance is not an individual lack of information but a communal gap in knowledge. He added that it is a case where data exist or more commonly where the existing data don't make sense and can't be used to predict something or an event. A bit complex from just unaware, right?

Well then, how about the goodness of "literally" ignorant about other people or social media or maybe ourselves look? For me, it will help me to understand myself more and make me don't overcomplicate.  

Then, related to that, about how I look, I mean like what clothes did I wear or how I get ready with my hijab, when I am ignorant about that, it makes me have people that accepted me for who I am. I mean, yeah I'm not like being fully ignorant and using clothes that don't know the situation but what I mean is I'm not too complicated doing mixed matches or feeling like "What if they don't like how I look?" and then being disappointed if what I look don't match of what they're expecting. 


Photo by Tatiana on Canva

And for social media, of course, I will have a lot of free time than just scrolling and comparing how I and them (people at the social media) so I can get a lot of things to do and not overthinking about something that doesn't important. 

Being ignorant, unaware of information, are not always negative. Sometimes what we don't know helps us rather than hurts us, that's how ignorance works. 

0 comments